http://threetreetea.blogspot.com/

May 21, 2012

From CMR: Get Into Shape With These Metabolism Boosters

The great Dr. Oz has written an interesting article about metabolism-boosting foods that we can add to our diet right now to burn fat and boost metabolism.

Dr. Oz says to add 3 cups of matcha tea to your diet every day, as it contains metabolism-boosting Polyphenol EGCG and matcha is the best way to get it. (Thank you Dr. Oz!)

He also suggests papaya for protein absorption and Go Chu Jang sauce (a Korean red pepper paste) to heat up the body and burn more energy.  I love that stuff.  Just don't put it in your matcha :).  We love to dip romaine lettuce in it, or add a teaspoon or so to chicken soup.

He ends the article with suggesting an apple cider vinegar/grapefruit juice concoction 15 minutes prior to every meal 3 times a day.  Plus a dandelion green salad.  Am I crazy enough to try his plan out this summer?  I might be.  Dandelion greens are free, and I like free.  The apple cider vinegar? We've been doing that for a couple weeks now but I have a hard enough time doing that once a day.  I have to put a pinch of dashi soup broth in mine so that it just tastes like I'm drinking a bottle of Ponzu.

I think that switching to Matcha 3 times a day sounds much more appealing and doable.

Read the article here. 



No comments:

Post a Comment